Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Ironman Experiment Day 1

10 K Tempo - Complete
Normally a 10K tempo run wouldn't be something to write about, but I want to document this training as I would any scientific experiment. ;)  In my previous IM training, and most Tri training and even run training I was hesitant to run hard.  I am insanely injury prone and with high mileage weeks I always felt like I was in conservation mode.  That WILL not work in this style of training.  When it says to run 85% for the first three miles and 95% for the last three you better do that.  If you aren't doing volume you are making up for it in intensity.

Our new neighborhood makes intensity easy to come by, its HILLY.  Tonights route took us up Las Sendas.  We took our trusty running partners.  Donut ended up swimming in a fountain at the end.  It was a good run, felt really strong. 

Considering this, would be a good contender for the Experiment (in lieu of a long road ride)
Happy training!

No comments:

Post a Comment