Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Where was I!?

I suppose it's a good sign when you get behind in blogging, I've been really busy with training, food shopping and just life I guess. But I really want to keep tabs on this so I can look back when all is said and done and see how it all went. So let's see, I think I left off at bike tabatas last week.

Fridays cross fit was a good one, and a swim followed. Saturday consisted of the Very well known, Fran. Fran even has shirts made for this WOD:





It may seem like no biggie, and hey it's even short. But it's the longest few (or in my case 10) minutes of your life. I love Camille Leblanc-Bazinet and she gives some great tips on Fran:

1-Don't wait to have your breath back because it won't happen or maybe it will happen but 20 minutes later. It's a waste of time and if you can't breathe anymore, well we all know a human can stop breathing for 2 minutes without dying . . . so we are okay.

2. Do butterfly. They are a lot faster than kipping pull-up and when they are done right you can almost take your breath back on those.
Never tell yourself that it's hard. Your body is able to give you way more than what your head think. Human is a complicated machine and we don't know our potential .

3. Never tell yourself that it's hard. Your body is able to give you way more than what your head think. Human is a complicated machine and we don't know our potential . . . so go on until your body breaks down. And if that time you don't have a nice Fran time, remember that you improve and the next time you are going to be better. And you can't be better than yourself so don't compare with someone else, just try to beat you everytime and you are going to win everytime.

My favorite is about it being okay to not breathe for 2 minutes, ha! Do Fran you'll know what she means!





My "this hurts like hell face"

















Josh got this vid of me finishing my first set of 21 and you'll see 2 mistakes, 1 - form suffers when tired of course and 2- I always walk away from the bar after sets. I need to stop taking this rest.

YouTube Video


Saturday night was hard run intervals. It was cold and stormy so I set to the treadmill like a wuss ;) I think Josh expected me to not get off the couch and came all creep stalker like looking for me after his run:

YouTube Video



2 things to note, Lady Gaga playing in both bids, hell yes AND I like my shaking my head at Josh, what you think I'm not going to run? Pshhh.

Sunday was a bike TT 90 minute. Nice ride, painful but it's supposed to be! It was a beautiful day outside!





I had almond filled dates rolled in coconut flakes for fuel, so far - like!




So far this weeks training has consisted of CFE deadlifts, burpees, box jumps, ouch and a TT run and today was 80% max thrusters and 200m swim TT's. Paleo is serving me well, energy is good, recovery is good. Am excited for this race it needs to hurry and get here (no it really doesn't I have loads of training yet to do!)

Worlds best recovery shake: hemp protein, strawberries, coconut water, tangerine flavored fish oil!




Happy Training!

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. Your first video is one of my favorites, and I really like that second video. The way the music builds as he finds you really amused me.
    Thanks for putting this down for us to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, fun post! I like it. It's got a little bit of everything from smoothies and biking to running and... Fran. Eew, Fran! Totally not jealous of you! Looks like you're doing great and the training is coming along. I've been sidelined with a back injury so I'm living vicariously through your blogs!

    ReplyDelete