Friday, April 15, 2011

I have promises to keep...






The woods are lovely dark and deep
But I have promises to keep
And many miles to go before I sleep-
And many miles to go before I sleep

Training for a big race is like making a promise. You are promising to yourself that you will be the best you can be on that day. That race is merely the follow through of a promise kept. But sometimes promises are hard to keep, and we are faced with adversity that may allow us to say "I slipped, just this one time.". Ironman is a race of many miles, and time, and alot of pain before you actually get to the 140.6 that is the race. There will be many days you want to break that promise, and today was precisely that day for me.

Physically & mentally today was a battle to keep my promise. I had many more excuses than I had actual reasons to train and that's when making a promise to yourself can get you through. Today's CF WOD of front Squats, pull ups and row I had subbed the row for 400m hill sprints and I literally cursed out loud for doing that. Thought to myself "what's the f$ing point of this anyway?" It didn't help that my neighbor yelled at me 'hey, slow down, nobody is chasing you!' Ha! But there was a point, there is always a Point. I made a promise. A commitment, to do this, to the best of my ability no matter what. And if I cannot say I did that come race day I did everything I could, then I dont feel as if I deserve to be there this time. This race deserves more respect than I have given it. Im proud of my efforts to do this race and feel confident I can sustain and maintain my committment and promise.

With that WOD done I rewarded myself with some damn good training food: cauliflower "rice," carrots, peas, egg and shrimp its paleo fried rice...and then went for a swim! ;)





The swim was tough after a bunch of pull ups this afternoon, but i am loving swimming these days because I loooove my swim fins! I know rediculous right? But hey anything that makes swimming fun is a-ok in my book! These fins are phenomenal and i have tried my share of fins:

By AquaSphere:




Came home, nommed some apple and almond butter and need to hit the sack iI am beat and tomorrows a tough line up! Happy Training and keep those promises!





Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: