Wednesday, January 27, 2010

McDowell Mountain Frenzy Race Report - Josh

This past Friday 1/23/2010 Jen and I did the 10 mile McDowell Mountain Frenzy trail race. It was the first trail race I had done in a LONG time and on top of that it had been raining like crazy in the desert for the past 4 days. Needless to say this is my kind of event, a bit of adventure mixed into the race atmosphere.



The day started off with us running predictably behind. We arrived a solid 15 minutes before the start, just enough time to use the bathroom and do a faux warm up. At the beginning I was trying to remind myself, just a training run, just a training run. But man when events start it is hard to control your ego and legs and I was off quick. The trail quickly funneled down into singletrack and it was difficult to pass or position yourself correctly. Luckily the quick start was able to get me about where I should have positioned. From there the the trail quickly headed uphill and my quick start caught up with me. I settled my heart rate and was cruising along for the ride.

I decided about halfway in that it never rains in Arizona so I should run through every puddle I see so from there it was a journey between puddles. The trail was tough but it was a beautiful morning and the miles just slid by under my feet. It ended up being a perfect training day.

Stats: 10.41 miles - 1:40:12 - 9:48 pace - 6/11 AG - 21/51 OA

I think my form is looking ok here.

No comments:

Post a Comment