Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tandem

It is said about a tandem bike that the wherever the relationship between the two riders is going it is bound to get there faster. I have beyond a doubt found the same thing to be true of training for Ironman.

Good days become the best of days and bad days become the worst of days. When doing this with a partner those extremes become part of your relationship. Luckily for me Jen and I are there for each other when times are bad and we can be elated together when times are good. I am quickly realizing this journey is not about the destination but the journey itself and I am having a blast.

There are many instances where it is not easy, we don't have an Iron-spouse or an Iron-maid or whatever and that results in two very tired individuals trying to maintain a tough career and make sure the house doesn't collapse or become overrun with laundry, dishes and dog hair.

In the end it is worth it, our tandem is headed in the right direction and we have our heads down pedaling our asses off.

2 comments:

  1. ww what a sweet entry just in time for Valentine's Day. :) Thanks babe. WIthout you, I would probably not be even thinking about doing half the stuff I do, but I am so grateful to you for opening my eyes to it.

    Now...onto this Iron-Maid idea... ;)

    MWAH!
    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly look like a good team. Sounds like alot of work.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete